Friday, January 28, 2011

January Knee Update

I went to the Orthopedic this past Wednesday. My knee is improving. I'm now allowed to do light-weight bearing on it, as long as I don't have pain. I have isometric exercises I have to do for strengthening. I'm to wean my self off the brace. For those who know me, of course I took the brace off immediately and walked out of the doctor's office with it in hand.

I still have swelling. He said another part of my knee is inflamed. (I forgot what he called the area.) I'm again applying ice (even as I am writing) and heat to get the swelling down. It is a little tender today. I had two teenagers from our church here today to help me clean and of course I had to hobble around showing them what to do.

He basically told me to listen to my body. If it hurts, slow down. I'll try to do that. Sometimes I get so busy, I don't realize until it is too late, I'm hurting and should have stopped sooner. Nurses don't like to be stagnant.
Not climbing stairs yet. 
Next appointment will be March 21st. We will see what happens then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...