Sunday, January 9, 2011

Work Day, Every Day

Having a farm, even a micro-farm like our family has, means work; Animals to feed, water, clean up after, etc. House keeping that includes cleaning, laundry and cooking. It is a busy life.

I was the one in the family who wanted to can and grow my own food. My son is the one who wanted all the animals. He requested chickens at the age of 12, dogs at age 15 and ducks at age 16. My husband stated and repeatedly states, even now, he doesn't want any of it. But, being the generous man my husband is, he readily provides care to all the animals, pitches in with the housework and runs his Graphic Design Business out of our home to support us.

My son helps with the work too. Today he took apart an unused rabbit hutch to use the supplies for another project and split the rest of our wood rounds.  He also loves to operate our tiller and plans to use it this summer for odd jobs for the neighbors.

My son's favorite tool. The tiller.
Remains of 1st Rabbit Hutch
Reusable supplies from Rabbit Hutch 
My son's handiwork


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...