Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Chicken Cannibals

My chickens love scraps from our kitchen. Whenever we have a few scraps, we take them outside and call "Here Buck Buck" and the chickens come running. (My Father-in-Law started calling them Buck Buck. That's another story) The fowl were not disappointed today. On Saturday I baked a chicken with seasonings: thyme, basil, salt and pepper. I had placed carrots in the pan with the chicken. I made mashed potatoes and chocolate pie. Our drink was Southern Sweet Tea. A grand meal for our family.

Even with all we ate, there were few pieces of meat left on the carcass, with congealed juices. My husband did the honors today and provided the chickens and ducks with the carcass and a little Bar-B-Que sauce. When he went out there, they came running. They fiercely and quickly pecked at the carcass. They were so quick some of our pictures are blurred. They were trying to eat before the ducks came and shoved their way in.

Five of my six girls, enjoying a bite to eat. 
Spot waddled over to see the commotion.
Maxine, the dirty duck on the right, followed Spot. 
The dirty duck took off with the carcass. Little Red "What happened?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...