Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Simple, Simplifying Plan

I met with my mentor, shared with her my goals of simplifying my life. Told her how overwhelmed I can become when I get off track from my life vision. I've come up with many ideas of things I'd like to do, learn or places to go and people to visit. It is easy for me to pile on tasks that I truly believe I can do and then in the midst of it all, realize I've taken on too much. Then I panic, trying to free myself from my self-made entrapment of committiments. Leaving myself frustrated, others disappointed who were counting on me and searching again to simplify my life.

Venus, my mentor, (not the planet or goddess) shared with me her God given view about simplifying life. She said "life is like going to a buffet. You can't have everything on the buffet. If you try to sample everything you become overwhelmed with all the choices and all the items on your plate. Having a full plate, also takes up space for the items you truly would like to have more of. We're not meant to have it all."

Not having the room for what you truly enjoy can leave you frustrated and empty. It is okay not to have everything. Scripture can help with making decisions on what to put on our plate. God has set priorities for our lives to help us decide. (Which you can read about here.)

God's Creation
When focusing on God and putting Him first, we can align with Him and do what He wants us to do. Our hearts and minds become more like Christ when we are in His word.

A full plate is a lifestyle of our society and our world today, not a peaceful life of God. Romans 12:2 NKJV reads "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God." He doesn't want us to conform to this world, society, fast-paced life. He wants us to be like Him, a peaceful life, focused on God and having a relationship with Him. To read His word, to be "renewed" in our mind, to have the mind of Christ. Piling things on our plate doesn't leave much room for God, our #1 priority.

God wants to direct our lives, not control us but keep us safe and happy. Proverbs 3:5-8 NKJV reads "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths. Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the Lord and depart from evil. It will be health to your flesh, and strength to your bones." A life of not focusing on God leads to selfishness, pride and over commitment. It's a life that states "I can take care of myself. I can do all I want to," leading us to busyness, emptiness, frustration and feelings of failure.


God's beautiful handiwork. 
God wants a relationship with us. He wants our time spent on knowing Him, fellowshipping with Him, worshiping Him. He gave His all for us. John 3:16 NKJV states "For God so loved the world He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."All He wants in return is us. "Whoever is of a willing heart, let him bring it as an offering to the Lord;" Exodus 35:5 NKJV.

If you have a willing heart and want a relationship with God, please note sidebar, 'Salvation Through Jesus Christ'. Then find a Bible believing church or a Christian believer in your home town to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...