Saturday, February 5, 2011

Banana Bread Recipe

My chickens recently provided me with a large number of eggs. (You can read about them and a French Toast Recipe here..) Even after giving some eggs away and making the French Toast I still had several dozen eggs. I thought time to bake.

One of my favorite recipes is Banana Bread. I received a copy of this recipe from my friend Carolyn in Knoxville, TN. Carolyn. When I make the recipe not only do I get a delicious bread but I get to reminisce about years gone by.

Carolyn's Banana Bread Recipe:

1/3 cup margarine or butter
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup flour
3 old mashed bananas
1 cup nuts optional (I some times use walnuts)

Mix first five ingredients until well blended and creamy. Add bananas, mix, add flour, mix. Bake in greased pan at 350 for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Enjoy.

Ingredients
1st five ingredients.
1st five ingredients mixed.  
Mashed bananas. 
Last ingredients. 
Ready for baking.
My son's snacks. 
I recently used this recipe to make muffins for my son. I left some out for him to enjoy and put the remaining in the freezer for later.

2 comments:

  1. Those look so good! I love the smell 9and taste) of banana nut bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now why do I never think to make banana bread into muffins? I always just make plain ol' bread. My kids will only eat it if it has chocolate chips in it though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...